Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Banana Tree help‏

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Tropicals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geezer403

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Banana Tree help‏ Reply with quote

My wife and I purchased a couple banana trees a couple weeks ago and I am worried they are not doing to well. I have attached two photos of them in hope of getting some advice from you guys as if they are ok or should I make adjustments and if so, what would that be.

The plants are in the North West corner of our back yard up against a white block wall.

Thanks for any help you can give.

phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually your plants are looking good. I think spreading a layer of compost around the base would be helpful to keep the soil moist and to enrich the soil in general.

I am a little concerned with the plants being next to a south facing wall. A wall like that, especially a white one, can become a real cooker, and can be even worse in late summer. Having an east facing wall next to it will help though, because it will put that wall partially in the shade after noon.

If the plants start really suffering from the reflected heat off of that wall you might want to put a dark colored surface across it. Maybe cover the wall with some dark colored burlap, shade cloth, something like that. Paiting the wall a dark color might help if that is an option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Tropicals All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: