Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Lemon & Lime tree south of phoenix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Citrus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Lemon & Lime tree south of phoenix Reply with quote

I could really use some help here. We planted a lemon and lime tree the beginning of April. The lime tree looks decent, and all I am doing to it is watering it. However the lemon tree looks bad. We did find out we were watering it too much, so leaves are burned.

the lime tree had fruit on it and I picked it all off yesterday. The juice is not clear and it very strong... but am using it.

I read that they need fertilized 3-4 times a year. Is this correct. The food I bought yesterday is Miracle-Gro's Fuuti and Citrus spikes, and it says only feed once in Spring and Fall.

I haven't opened them yet, kind of afraid to use them.

What is the best thing to do for my trees.

I thank you in advance for your help!
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ave,

Welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't fertilize your trees now, especially since they are struggling and new. Just water properly and maybe give them some shade if they are getting really hammered. As they get more established (grow more roots) they will be able to handle the heat better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Citrus All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: