Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Plumeria

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Plumerias
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyleaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Plumeria Reply with quote

Were is the largest plumeria tree that anyone has seen in the Phoenix area?
kyleaz
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Singapore Obtusas they have at the Royal Palms Hotel on Camelback, next to one of their small restaurants. I think they protected them last January 2006 because I saw them later and they still looked good. They have the gas heaters on the patio. Probably they turned one of them on next to them those nights that we had the really cold weather.
kyleaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: plumeria Reply with quote

Hi, I've seen the plumeria at the ROyal Palms. Do you know of any others that are left in the PHX area? I know a lot of them were killed last winter.
kyleaz
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this one today in East Mesa. It is shorter after the big frost last year but doing well again. Here is a picture of it I took a couple of years ago. http://www.phoenixtropicals.com/plumeria_photos.html

I have a 5 foot Tahitian Sunset in my yard that I managed to protect through last winter. I think its been in the ground for 3 years. I'll have to post a picture of it soon. Last winter was the only time I protected it from frost. It got very beat up because I didn't put a light bulb in its little frost tent until late at night and by that time it was already 29 F. Other years I didn't have any troubles with temperatures below freezing, but it depends a lot on where you live in town. The Tahitian sunset is also in full sun and has no trouble with the summers. The flowers are very neat but that variety doesn't have much of a fragrance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Plumerias All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: