Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Holes in Meyer Lemons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Citrus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DesertRat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Holes in Meyer Lemons Reply with quote

Our Meyer lemon tree has a lot of fruit but we can’t enjoy them, because every one of them has a hole in it. What could cause that, and what can we do to stop it? Thank you all.

79B29F93-B219-40D4-83FD-B30927A71117.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.88 MB
 Viewed:  435 Time(s)

Holes in Meyer Lemons

phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's interesting that your user name is DesertRat because the most likely suspect is roof rates. I have found the best way to get rid of them is the Tomcat bait traps you can buy at HD. Get the larger one for rat size because rats can't get into the mouse ones. I'm going to start going after the rats more diligently soon. I managed to get them out of my attic by eliminating all the ways they can climb up to my roof (trees that touched the roof) but they are still in the neighborhood I am sure. The rats really reduced my longan crop this year. They went and bit lots of them but didnt even eat them, just ruined them. Those little bastards!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Citrus All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: