Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

FreezePruf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Home/Environment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mullenium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: FreezePruf Reply with quote

http://www.liquidfence.com/FreezePruf.html

I used some of this last year and seemed to work, although I covered and light everything with xmas lights..

I forgot to use it this year as I initially bought 2, im debating on trying it again tonight for this weeks remaining frosts.. im too scared to use it by itself though

I might just try it on my passion fruit vine.. i dont want to use the entire bottle so I can save it for the next frost season =)
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe but interesting.
MKIVRYAN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a gallon bottle of that stuff and from what I saw it did nothing. I even sprayed 1/2 of a few lantanas to really be able to tell and the whole plants froze. I know lantana freeze very easily but I could not tell a difference from the side I sprayed to the side I didnt. It was like I didnt spary any part of it. I'm not going to buy it again.
mullenium

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKIVRYAN wrote:
I bought a gallon bottle of that stuff and from what I saw it did nothing. I even sprayed 1/2 of a few lantanas to really be able to tell and the whole plants froze. I know lantana freeze very easily but I could not tell a difference from the side I sprayed to the side I didnt. It was like I didnt spary any part of it. I'm not going to buy it again.

thanks for the update on it.. I guess it seemed to work for me when I first used it because I used it in conjunction with xmas lights and burlap...

They say you need to spray it on when temps are above 51 and at least 8 hours before projected frost, is that what you did?
GermanStar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That and similar products, such as Cloud Cover, are reportedly very effective -- for certain types of plants in certain circumstances. Above all else, they enhance plants' ability to retain moisture, reducing transpiration and rendering them less susceptible to both frost- and sunburn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Home/Environment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: