Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Sprouting Papaya

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Tropicals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. I have killed so many papayas that I have decided on a new approach. Instead of starting them in pots, I'm just seeding them all over my yard in spots that are near water sources. Since the average Mexican Papaya has a couple hundred seeds in it, its a low budget and low maintenance approach. The best luck I ever had with Papayas was when I seeded them in the ground one time. I took a couple hundred seeds and put them in a trench near a peach tree. I eventually got 3 large plants but they were killed in a nasty freeze in 2007.

So, I've decided to just let the seedlings make it on their own. Being near water sources like next to an irrigated citrus I shouldn't need to water the survivors of my little experiment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Tropicals All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: