Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

white pomegranate seeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fruittrees

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: white pomegranate seeds Reply with quote

I have 2 trees in my yard however, the seeds still white!! although its late October already. I really take care of these tress and planted them from cuttings years ago, the tree that took the cuttings from had VERY RED seeds... Am I doing something wrong? any advise would be appreciated. Embarassed
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you probably know, the part you eat is the jello like fiber around the seeds. It does seem unusual that you would have a different colored seed than the parent plant if you grew it from a cutting. Maybe they aren't ripe yet?

As far as I know they are generally an easy plant to grow here. Unfortunately I haven't tried to grow them myself. I dug up an article on growing them on the internet that looks good. Hope this helps.

http://www.unce.unr.edu/publications/files/ho/2004/fs0476.pdf
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears you should water them like a citrus, meaning that you should deep soak them once a week in the summer, and once a month in mid winter. Here is another article.

http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/pomegranate.html
sherman.boyd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Same same Reply with quote

Like you I've planted a new "Wonderful" pomegranate that is producing white seeds. I picked the fruit at various times, even up till when it was a little rotten. Last year it was all white, and this year it was getting a little red.

It's my hypothesis that maybe the trees just need to mature a bit before I start getting good fruit. Could this be the case?

The plant gets a lot of water, and a lot of pruning as I am trying to get a treelike shape.

Sherman Boyd
obietrice88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long do these seeds take to reach maturity? I don't want to plant something only to have it die when it gets cold outside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: