Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

My Mango Trees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mullenium

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: My Mango Trees Reply with quote

On the left we have Nam Doc Mai, and the right we have the Glenn..

The glenn is flowering big time now.. the nam doc flowered in the midst of winter and one single mango made it thru unscathed.. hopefully it grows, but i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up dieing off... also in the background you can see my sleeping Fuji Apple just barely waking up from its winter slumber (only one leaf has popped out so far lol)

MKIVRYAN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice! How may hours of sun do they get in this location? Do you use shade screen in the summer?
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good. Yes, usually the first couple of years the mangoes will drop off before getting very far. I also see your foosball table there. What could be better than a yard with mangoes and foosball.
mullenium

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the location gets full sun.. youll notice the ground is shaded only in the morning due to the brick wall on the eastern side of my yard.. and this photo was taken around 8am.

for the last couple years ive used shade cloth.. but im going try try and do without it this year, we'll see how it goes

yeah and that fooseball table is now my work bench LOL.. its been weathered so bad.. probably salvagable with some sanding, it was out in full sun for a year and has been baked and rained on until i brought it under the patio.. i never play it =\
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: