Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

West Chandler Lowes has Grafted Mango's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mullenium

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: West Chandler Lowes has Grafted Mango's Reply with quote

They just got new inventory yesterday of Grafted Timotayo and Grafted Gold Nugget mango trees

the Timo's are 39, and gold nugs are 49 (more mature trunks on the gold nugs)

better hurry.. these things go quick!

There was one gold nugget there with some nice long branching above the graft.. i put it sort of in the back of the others incase one of you want to go grab it!
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful, you'll cause a stampede. Ha ha. Thanks for the info. That is really surprising to see grafted mangoes at Lowes.
mullenium

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.. makes me wish I had the funds to buy them all, grow them for a year or 2 and resell them for a premium =)

I got one of the gold nuggets, going to exchange it for the teeny one I picked up sunday for 20 bucks at another lowes.. might as well go for the bigger more mature tree

im debating on doing the same for the timotayo
Dauntless

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: have one on hold Reply with quote

I actually called my local Lowes and had them hold one for me and I'm on my way to pick up a Gold Nugget.
When I talked to the garden guy at the Lowes closest to me, he said that they should get more tropicals in a couple of weeks. He said that last year he had some Carries and I was hoping for one of those but no luck yet.
However, he did say that the Sue Belle White Sapote should be coming in a couple of weeks. I'll keep checking and post when I get a date in case anyone is looking for one.
mullenium

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually went to east chandler lowes, as well as the gilbert/warner location and they both had a couple gold nuggets in stock

wow i want a carrie next

let me know if you get any more info.. im going to try emailing la verne and see if they can send me their shipping schedule to lowes

dauntless..your gonna flip when you see my new gold nugget (i returned the small one for one of the ones at west chandler) .. the trunk is as big as the pickering i ordered from plantogram!!

ill post a pic tomorrow
Dauntless

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: just back Reply with quote

I just got back. The Gold Nugget that I got isn't all that big. Yours sounds like a lot bigger plant.
I definitely want to get some plants from POG.

Good news, there was a Suebelle White Sapote waiting for me too. It was $33 and looks pretty nice. There were also a few more of those if anyone is looking for one.

While there I also got a standard Trovita Orange tree. So, now I've got some work a head planting everything. After that rain, the ground should be a little easier to work.

I will let you know if I find out anything about more grafted mangoes. I am wanting some smaller type trees to try in pots.
mullenium

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a trovita orange, it fruited the first time this season.. gave me about a dozen oranges, but the fruit was pretty bland.. i think this next year it should improve as the tree matures
Dauntless

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the fruit is as good as what I have read. They are supposed to be kind of like a navel with few seeds.
This one isn't very big so I don't expect much for a while. Maybe I'll get a couple of oranges, there are some babies on it if it doesn't drop them when I plant it. Although, I would remove most any way.
mullenium

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 timotayos and 1 gold nugget left at west chandler lowes

someone went through and bought almost their whole stock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: