Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Timotayo Mango

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mullenium

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah Glenn is always a winner to add on the ol back forty.. i just returned a timotayo with a really low graft to the east chandler location.. i figured i didn't need 2 of the same tree, and since my initial timotayo is already transplanted in my pot i returned the second one.

it only had 1 growth shoot though, but the graft was at least 4 inches lower than their typical graft points
ajbcirc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: W. Chandler Lowes Reply with quote

Visited the West Chandler Lowes today. They ran out of the timotayo mango, but had one gold nugget in stock.

They also had three varieties of banana (including ice cream), a "Tropic White" / Turnbull guava, kiwis, and almonds in addition to the usual two varities of pineapple guava.

The manager told me that she's considering getting more grafted mangos, but she need to sell more of their other tropicals first due to lack of space, as they need to order 60 pieces from Laverne at a time.
mullenium

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did u look all over? i had a timotayo on hold for me there the other day, they had it on a red flatbed cart on the side of the registers

That last gold nugget there i bet was the one that had a floppy growth shoot at the top.. I tried to wrap the label card around it and the wood stake to prop it up and save it from dieing, but not sure if it helped

if you live close go check it out, maybe the timothy i had on hold is still there as i didnt tell them to put it back

also i returned a timotayo to the east chandler location.. maybe you can call them to see if its still there
tropicaltree

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the place I planted my Timotayo mango receives 4 hour full sun. will it grow fruit in this location?
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's hard to say for sure, but considering how bright even the shade is in our climate, I think it probably will fruit in that exposure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: