Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Leaf drop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Leaf drop Reply with quote

Two of my plants, a Timotayo Mango and a Cherry of the Rio Grande have been dropping leaves lately. I don't see new leaves coming on in their place and the other mango trees and my other CORG are not dropping leaves.
Something that I had noticed is that my male dog had been visiting these two plants (as well as some others that seem ok). Could this cause the leaf drop or could it be something else? Knowing that these are sensitive to nitrogen, it makes me wonder.
BTW, my dog is no longer allowed in that part of the yard. I did wash the plants off and flush the soil a few times.
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could have something to do with it. Dog urine is hard on plants, especially young ones.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to have slowed down for the mango and stopped for the CORG. I think that with the CORG it was a normal leaf drop before getting new leaves. The new leaves just didn't come on very quickly like some plants do. I checked it today and it has lots of new leaves.
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CRG in the ground has struggled for years. Seems like a very hard plant to grow here. I changed to a less frequent water schedule for it this year, and its color looks better. I used to water it on a grass schedule and I switched it over to citrus. I guess I'll wait and see. Once plants get root rot they take a long time to come back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: