Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Mesquite Sprouts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Home/Environment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject: Mesquite Sprouts Reply with quote

Hello there I am new to this forum and I hope im posting in the right place. I always have tons of mesquite tree sprouts pop up in my yard this time of year. I typically pull them and compost them when they are growing somewhere I dont want them, but today I was wondering if the mesquite sprouts could be eaten like other microgreens such as clover/broccoli sprouts. I couldnt find anything online about anyone eating them so I thought I might ask here. I always eat the pods and flowers, but I was wondering if this might be a good new source of free sprouts for my salads. I tasted one just because and it didnt have a bad flavor at all. Let me know if anyones done this before or if anyone has any literature on this. Thanks!
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Leto. The forum is so quiet these days that I hardly go here, ha ha. I have no idea about mesquite sprouts. Did you ever find your answer? I know dandelions are good and those grow like weeds, because they are weeds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Home/Environment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: