Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Introduction and Greetings!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Vegetables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Introduction and Greetings! Reply with quote

Hi Friends,

My name is Michael and I'm a new gardner in Arizona. I live in the north valley, and this fall my wife and I put in raised garden beds for the first time. We've been working on our garden area since later summer and it has been a great source of relaxation and has very much helped my wife and I to grow closer, as well as fostering compassion in these trying times. We are growing:

Super Snap peas
Carrots
Lettuce (lots of it! We aren't vegetarian, but eat very healthy -fresh greens for salad every night for weeks now!)
Broccali Rhab
Bunching Onions
white bulb onions
Celery
spinach
Malabar Spinach (planted at the wrong time of year - lessons!)
Tomatoes (just four plants given to us and I have low expectations for these guys)

Plus sunflowers, marigolds, nasturiums, dill, fennel, chives, and maybe some stuff that I can't remember. Smile

We planted the first week of September and our garden exploded! We went into it with some reasonable expectations, and it has been great. I have some issues right now with my peas, which is what brought me here, but also some other general questions. I appreciate and thank you all in advance for your time, consideration, and expertise.

Michael
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael. Welcome to the forum. I just planted my Winter garden last week. I have

sweet basil
peppermint
mint (just genericaly labeled mint but smells great)
cilantro
tomatoe early girl
tomatoe summerset

My garden is in the ground but its in a spot where I have been mulching for years. So far everything is growing. Of course its been unusually warm. I'll probably cover my tomatoes if frost threatens but this is the best time of year to plant.
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: Here are some photos Reply with quote

I have to put chicken wire around my plants because we have a chicken that free ranges around our yard. Its a small garden but I focus mainly on fruit trees. I love fresh cilantro in my tacos and burritos though.

garden1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  392.38 KB
 Viewed:  659 Time(s)

Here are some photos

phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Close up Reply with quote

A close up

garden2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  425.33 KB
 Viewed:  619 Time(s)

Close up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Vegetables All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: