Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Glenn vs Nam Doc bloom differences?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mullenium

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Glenn vs Nam Doc bloom differences? Reply with quote

My Nam doc bloomed early winter before the frost snaps and still has one lima bean size mango still looking healthy, the others have shrivled up and fallen off.. it has just started to bloom on another branch so maybe I will get to taste one or 2 fruits this year

my Glenn hasnt even bloomed at all, is it just the difference in cultivar? Shouldnt the recent cold force it to go into it's bloom cycle?

also is it time to start upping watering frequency, or wait til mid feb? right now my timer is set to 30min once a week.. so the mangos get 2 gallons a week with their emitters on this schedule.. maybe I should kick it up to an hour now?

also once all danger of frost is gone im contemplating removing the PVC sun shade structure, hoping that they are acclimated enough to take the full summer sun.. i might use it to cover some raised veggie beds this summer
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure why your Nom Doc Mai would be blooming so early. I have noticed my mangoes bloom far earlier than I expect them too every year. I think they have been blooming in February the last couple of years.

I definitely think you should give your mangoes full sun in the spring. Then, sometime in May you'll need to decide if they are ready for summer sun. If they are growing vigorously and shade themselves well then they are probably ready.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: