Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Caring for a plant receved via mail order

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had good experiences with top tropicals plants. They seem to just reduce the amount of dirt for shipping but the rootball is still there with soil and all. I recommend against misting. The salt in our water beats up the leaves too much. Mangoes actually take our hot dry summers well. It's just reflected heat when its 110 out that beats them up. Also, extra shade when its new like I said before is a good idea. You want to ease them into full sun since they probably were not subjected to full sun in the nursery, especially our desert sun which is more intense.

To make a long story short, a mangoes heat tolerance is about equal to a citrus's. Of course mangoes need more frequent water than a citrus and can't take as much frost. More info. is availalbe on the the mango page.

http://www.phoenixtropicals.com/mango.html
Dauntless

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Plant o Gram Reply with quote

I'm wanting to try this place next. I have heard glowing reviews from everyone that posts on the Tropical Fruit forum. They say that he always includes a free plant. With wanting so many different plants, I can use some free ones.

Tropical, I'll hold off on the misting.

We would have to have record heat right now but it seems to not be affected because it looks the same as in the pictures.

By the way, Tropical, thanks for your great site and all of your advice.
phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: