Phoenix Tropicals Phoenix Tropicals Gardening
Connect with your neighbors to swap gardening information.

Phoenix Tropicals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airtags on sale at Amazon!

Come Join The New Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum On Facebook

Grub control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little Luey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Grub control Reply with quote

I have been having issues with my fruit trees, they don't exactly look healthy. I was advised to put some organic material in the soil around the trees so that the soil could hold more water. My back yard in mostly sand, i have not found caliche and the water always goes away, never forms puddles.
While doing that i found a lot of grubs, i took them out but i got a feeling they are eating the roots. Now i know i put organic material in the holes 2 years a go when i planted the trees but now all you could see was a little darker soil. So i think the grubs have been eating on that compost and bark, and now my roots.
what organic products work well in Arizona for fruit trees? i do have pets also that go to the back yard so it needs to be pet safe

Thanks for your time

IMG_0223.JPG
 Description:
this is one of my trees
 Filesize:  4.04 MB
 Viewed:  709 Time(s)

this is one of my trees

Little Luey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure why the picture does not show.

i have a link to my photobucket pictures.

thanks for all your help

phoenixtropicals
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been brutally hot lately, so that could have something to do with it. The thing about this time of year is you need to let your trees just get through it. Make sure you are watering them adequately but not too much (see the web site for recommendations). Also, its safer not to fertilize when its so hot out. Sometimes people tend to panic when their tree looks under the weather in the heat and start overwatering and overfertilizing and then they end up killing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Tropicals Gardening Forum Index -> Fruit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: